Moving an email account (including old emails) from one cPanel server to another is pretty easy to do yourself if you have some knowledge of cPanel and FTP.
I will be using the terms OLD SERVER and NEW SERVER a lot in this article. Below are the definitions:
OLD SERVER = Server that the email account is currently on and will soon be moved from
NEW SERVER = Server that you want to move the email account to
Step 1: Create a new email account on the NEW SERVER with the same address and password
You can do this by going into the cPanel on the NEW SERVER and click on Email Accounts.
Step 2: Download the files off of the OLD SERVER
FTP onto the OLD SERVER and download the files needed. From the root directory, go to “mail/domain.com/emailAccount”. Here you will see a bunch of files. All you really need to copy are the new and cur directories.
If you have a lot of emails this could take a while.
Step 3: Transfer files to NEW SERVER
When the files are downloaded in step 2 place the new and cur directories in the “root/mail/domain.com/emailAccount” of the respective account on the NEW SERVER. The folder should already be created since you already created the account in step 1.
Go get some coffee. This step will take awhile as well.
Step 4: Reset Mail Quota
Now if you check the NEW SERVER you will see that your emails are transferred but your quota says 0/xxx MB. To update a wrong mail quota in cPanel: FTP to the OLD SERVER, open up the maildirsize file at “root/mail/domain.com/emailAccount” and copy all of the contents and paste them into the maildirsize file on the NEW SERVER.
You may have luck copying the maildirsize file on the OLD SERVER and pasting it on the NEW SERVER, however this did not work for me.
Step 5: Change DNS
If you followed all of the steps up to this point you should have all the files transferred, but you still need to point your DNS records to the NEW SERVER in order to have mail go there. When you update your records it could take up to 24 hours to take effect.
Step 6: Test
Finally, send a test email to the account. If that works send an email from the account. You’re done! if you are still unable to move your account please contact our support team we will support you to migrate your emails our website for free.
1. Login to Cpanel
2. Select the Multi PHP INI Editor.
3. There are two modes to edit the php configuration.
The Basic Mode section of this interface loads the following directive values from the php.ini file for your selected domain or home directory. Make your changes to the desired directives and click Apply. The system saves changes to both the php.ini file and the user.ini file and your .htaccess file.
The Editor Mode section of this interface loads the contents of the php.ini file for your selected domain if it exists. If the php.ini file does not exist, the interface loads a blank editor so that you can create your own file. Make your changes to the desired directives and click Save. (OR) 1. Copy the global php.ini file to under the public_html or Create a PHP.ini file under the public_html folder 2. Updating your php.ini values in public_html/php.ini. 3. Save the file.
If still you are unable to solve the issue please don’t hesitate to contact our support team they will solve it within minutes.
First remember that “500 Internal Server Error” does not mean a server problem. It implies an “internal” problem inside of your own hosting space and files.
Here is a quick overview of what will solve this problem, and then followed by step by step on how to do it:
1. .htaccess file has problems In the (dot) htaccess file, you may have added lines that are either worded badly or conflicting. The best way to troubleshoot this is comment out the lines in the htaccess.
You can comment out a line in the .htaccess by adding # to the beginning. You are wise to save an original copy of any file before you make changes. For example, if the .htaccess looks like Directory Index default.htmlAddType application/x-httpd-php5 php
Then try something like this Directory Index default.html
#Add Type application/x-httpd-php5 php Broken lines and lines that start with PHP_flag are the most common mistakes. If you cannot determine which line is the problem, then comment out every line.
2. Bad permissions, Writable by group
One or more files or folders have permissions higher than 755, which is not allowed by the server. Any software that says you need 777 will work with 755 on our server. Directories and folders should be 755. Executable scripts within the cgi-bin folder must be 755. Images, media, and text files like HTML should be 644.
3. Your PHP version is wrong inside the “PHP Configuration” section.
4. Your username does not own the folder or files.
If the above mentioned tips did not work for you please kindly contact our 24/7 Technical support team they will solve your issue within minutes
The Reliable Web Hosting Services in Afghanistan
Yes of course you can place an online order for already registered domain name. You can select the third option while ordering Choose a domain “I will use my existing domain and update my nameservers”
And you can host all domain extensions available in the market like .af, .com.af, .net.af, .org.af, .edu.af, .hotel, .tech, .website etc.
to register a new domain please click here
Before initiating the transfer of a non-AF domain (e.g. .COM / .NET / .ORG) you will need to ensure that it has been unlocked by your current provider. Please check with them if you are unsure.
Domain Transfer Pricing
Our domain pricing can be found here…
.af transfers are provided at charge of 12$, as no ‘renewal’ is required as part of the transfer process when sufficient time is left on the domain. However, if the domain is ‘due’ for renewal, then a renewal charge for the due years will be applied during the checkout.
Non-.af domains are chargeable, and are also renewed as part of the transfer process.
For a full list of domain prices, click here…
Transfer Domains to Hewad ICT
- Visit https://hewadict.com/billing
- If you are logged in, go to Domains -> Transfer Domains to Us (if you are a new customer, its Store -> Transfer Domains to Us)
- Enter the domain you wish to transfer
|| If you are transferring a domain, such as .com, .net etc, then you will need to enter your EPP / Authorisation code which you will need to obtain from the current registrar.
- Proceed through the checkout to initiate the transfer.
- After you have placed the Transfer Order, the Registrant Contact for the domain name will receive an e-mail from Hewad ICT for the Transfer Authorization process, which needs to be approved within 5 days.
If the Registrant Contact does not approve the Transfer within 5 days, it is assumed that the Registrant Contact does not wish for the Transfer to complete and the Order is deleted / cancelled in our system automatically.
To Transfer your .af domain name to Hewad ICT, you need to only provide your Domain (Transfer) Secret Key/Authorization Code. Once we get confirmation from the Registry that the Domain (Transfer) Secret Key/Authorization Code is accurate, the domain name is instantly transferred without the need of receiving additional confirmation from the Registrant / Administrative Contact, via email
- After clicking the approval link in the Transfer Authorization email, the Registrant Contact needs to provide the Domain (Transfer) Secret Key/Authorization Code (if this wasn’t entered in the original transfer order)
3. Once the mail has been approved by the Registrant Contact and the Domain (Transfer) Secret Key/Authorization Code submitted, the Current Registrar will be notified regarding the transfer.
- The Current Registrar will send an e-mail to the Registrant Contact of the concerned domain name to confirm that they wish to Transfer their domain name. If the Transfer is not denied by either the Registrant Contact or the Current Registrar, the domain name will be transferred to your account with Hewad ICT in the next 5 days.
You can register new domain names from within the Hewad ICT client area…